Move by Points Tool Tip Tyop

Beside the typo,

the new add-on works but is not something

(when this mode and .... is on)

I would call a perfect user interface.

I allays asked for just two separate tools.

A Move bP and a Copy bP tool Icon.

And if no one likes it that way, just make it ignore the copy number

when Retention is deactivated.

AFAIK, it is still as before VW 2021, when the new "Move Mode" is deactivated

and Retention off too, that you will Move the first Object but still Copy n times

copy numbers of further Object Copies.

Which doesn't make any sense to me. Same as open Polylines that have a Fill.

I would like so much to keep my numbers of Copy numbers for later use but

still be able to "Move" by points in between.

If Retention would go away and just use the new Move Mode Icon it would be far

easier and simpler. But having to separate Tools would need even less concentration.

• Like 2

@Andy Broomell Yes. I'm not complaining here.  I'm good with the tool in the current and previous forms. Actually, I think it was not even part of the default workspace for a few versions, so glad it's on the default Basic palette.  But I can see that @zoomer's  decades long wish for a split to move only might be helpful.

It's a dilemma for everyone, and not just this tool.  Users, Interface planners and engineers, training creators, sales reps, and probably others have to balance ease of use, reasonable consistency with past versions and with other software, screen space in the palettes and mode bars, available key combos, and lots more.  Key command vs tool mode buttons vs separate tools? The mythical Super User knows all and remembers all for every tool and command in every situation, so it's not an issue.  The rest of us create a work flow we remember and implement for frequent situations and try our best to learn and remember the less frequent situations.  Not sure why, but I get tripped up more often by the MBP mode memory than in other tools.  I can kick myself and deal with the error, and try to change habits (eyes on the mode bar!). Maybe I'm getting better.

Anyway, still enjoying v2021.

-B

• Like 1