Turn Off Red Cursor

Hi All!

I updated my computer and reinstalled Vectorworks. Of course all my work preferences needed to be reset. I have been a Vectorworks user for close to 3 decades so this basic question is embarrassing to ask...LOL! I have a cursor that turns RED on certain snap points and not others. This is driving me crazy as the snap point PREFERS the RED cursor location over the snap pint I really want. For the life of me I can't seem to find how to turn that off.

I thought it was "show parametric constraints" but it is not that. Is this something new that was added or have I lost my mind after all these years LOL!

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jeff

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@jak5352 Definitely don’t be embarrassed to ask! After using Vectorworks for as long as you have there are bound to be new features that have slipped past you as you’ve been busy working.

Markdd is right that it sounds like you have discovered Master Snaps. More info about them can be found in the help docs partway down the page  here. it’s good to read upon what they can do because they’re useful when you need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Neil & Mark! That was it and it is now back to what I am use to haha. I have read the documents on that function and now I will probably add that to my favorite tools and methods. I can see where that would come in handy and speed a few things up.

Thanks again!

Jeff