fmaccarone

fmaccarone

Question

Hello,

I had the possibility with older versions of Vectorworks to display my scale labels with numbers only for the scale factor ( the label appeared 

without the word « scale ».  This was practical to draw my plans in French. I noticed that the current version of Vectorworks does not offer

anymore in the info palette the display of the scale without the word scale. Is there the possibility to edit the scale label so that it displays

the numbers only ? I guess yes but I cannot find how.

2 answers to this question

In VW2021, the Drawing Label (I think that is what you are talking about), has been made a Styled object. You can edit the style to not have the word Scale in it or to use the French word instead if you prefer.

From the Object Info Palette (OIP) click on the Style pull down and choose Edit Style.

image.thumb.png.8fddfeaf2e6de0f767910e64d1705d84.png

From the dialog box choose Edit Drawing Label Layout.

Select the 'Scale' text block. Scroll to the bottom of the OIP and click the Define Drawing Label Field button

In the Define Drawing Label Field dialog box, edit the test in the Current Field Definition to remove the static text 'Scale: '.  Don't change anything between the #s

image.thumb.png.05dde9166b92f4e73b2342908de04e6e.png

Once you get the drawing label looking the way you want, you can put it in your template file or come back and we can help you to store it in the right location in your user or workgroup folder so it will be part of the default content for the Drawing Label tool.

HTH

• Like 1