VW windows files on Macintosh

Clay

Does anyone have experience opening a VW document on Mac that was created on a windos machine? I have been trying to do this with a draftsman in Canada, but with no luck.

Is there a VW draftsman in Atlanta that would like to work on residential drafting?

Please email me if you have any sufggestions.

Thank you

Rchitect4@aol.com

------------------

Clay Preston

Village Habitat Design

Conservation Community

www.VillageHabitat.com

I've done this several times, you have to use the open command from the file menu. Double clicking the file usually won't work. For some reason the Mac dosent know what kind of file it is. Once you open the file use the "Save as" command and then you should be able to open the file by double clicking.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Clay:

Does anyone have experience opening a VW document on Mac that was created on a windos machine? I have been trying to do this with a draftsman in Canada, but with no luck.

Is there a VW draftsman in Atlanta that would like to work on residential drafting?

Please email me if you have any sufggestions.

Thank you

Rchitect4@aol.com

This is a bit late. WE use windows and macs running Vectorworks on a network and its no problem. Check that the File Exchange control panel is set for Vectorworks to open .mcd files. Rebuild your desktop if these settings stop working. (Restart with command + alt held down)