Resource management

Hello

I'm finally able to actually produce things in VW up to cutting in gabled dormers. I supose that would summize my experience level. Still have many many questions.

I have started my own symbol folder in the resources palette and thought I would start with the symbols provided by VW, editing as necessary and importing to my folder. I'm finding this to be a rather tedious task at best.

Does anyone have any thoughts on shortcutting this process. I would like to have a full library of doors, windows, cabinets, etc. for any occasion - meaning for various wall thicknesses.

You may choose to create a template on which all your symbols live. When you start a new drawing you can just use the template instead of a new, blank drawing. you can then set all your preferences (line weights, text size and style,units/scale settings, layers and classes on your template. The symbols you use most often can be kept there as well. For existing files you can just import whatever symbols you need from the template. It's time consuming to set up, but once it's done you never have to do it again. Hope this helps.

Jeff - thanks - I now understand there is a tedium curve as well - thanks.

Am curious - do you edit VW symbols to fit your needs or do you think it best to start from scratch

buz