VW2021 Landmark - Titleblock Manager

We have recently started using the Titleblock manager to control/update fields across our whole documentation set.

However, we are finding that it freezes when we try to update the fields.  For instance to add a Version stamp to the titleblock across 46 sheets yesterday took 45minutes to process.  In other files the problem has been the same and every individual titleblock has been edited which is then quicker - however there is the risk a field will be missed and the entire process will need to be done again.

Another frustration is that every other person has to close out of shared files to use the file - which seems to be logical, except for if someone is working on a planting plan and another person just needs to issue the concept set.

Are other people having this problem?  Have other people had this problem and been able to resolve it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Seems like the slowdown is happening because of the worksheet reports creation. The workaround for now is not to create/update the worksheet report from the TBManager, unless required. I will work on a fix on this issue and let you know in here when it is fixed.

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• 10 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
7 hours ago, designit said:

I was just wondering if there has been any progress on this as we still have the problem and gave up.  Thanks 🙂

Hello @designit,

Seems like I forgot about this, sorry about that... This should be fixed in VW 2021 SP3. 🙂 Let me know if this is not the case for you.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov