Delay in moving selected shapes/ Use of Section Sign key

StephHill

Question

Hi,

There is a delay if I move or resize a selected shape in 2D and until the shape has repositioned itself I can't select any other items on my plan however the Object Info picks up a shape my mouse has selected despite not being able to manipulate it or select it until the original shape has adjusted itself. The resized shape shows an outline of where it should be but the original shape is still in position and is still selected. 

I can speed up this process of repositioning/readjusting the original shape if I zoom in however this seems very odd. I have checked my preferences and reset them but still no joy. There is also a delay when I 'fit to page' as it takes an abnormal amount of time to re-adjust. when I highlight an object and backspace to delete it, nothing happens.

These changes happened directly after I pressed what I thought was the Tilde key, underneath the escape key, as per an option to reset smart cursor settings suggested in the Vectorworks Core Concept training I am currently doing. However the key directly below the escape key on my iMac keyboard is not the Tilde key but appears to be the Section Sign key. What does this key do and if this has caused the changes in synching certain actions as per the above, how can I rectify it?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steph

Edited by Pip&Ziggy

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet