Drawing Label / Viewport question.

I have a sheet with a number of elevations on it.

I have nine (9) elevations and I used five (5) viewports.

This is because I watched a tutorial that said VW doesn't like a lot of viewports and that drawing details laid out together on a design layer, and then making fewer viewport on each Sheet layer, helps keep VW from hanging/crashing. As VW crashes about 5 to 6 time a day, I thought I would do what I could to help it out.

Problem:

When I put multiple drawing labels inside a single view port I get this warning:

744333412_DrawingLabel.thumb.jpg.4231d1e34d2e17cafe0f32c78c58d17c.jpg

Not a problem, I hit ok.

But what seems to happen is that some of the drawing labels change to match the other labels in the viewport.

i.e. drawing "7 Lower Fence - residence view" turns into  "8 Lower Fence - back view" after I exit 'edit viewport annotation'.

Sometimes it's the numbers that match, sometimes it's the label, sometimes it's both.

Sometime it changes when I edit another viewport.

• Should I just mark that down to "VW is an odd beast" and just not group my details? - one viewport for each detail.
  • Should I just not use the drawing label tool? make my own drawing labels.

I do like the connected drawing labels when I have linked viewports with the detail callout tool...

With the new smart labels in vw2021 I thought there might be a way around this and have multiple drawing labels in viewports? Maybe not.

With the old style labels at least this is prob best practice:

• With 2d top/plan drawings, if you want, you can put multiple drawing label(s) on design layers and have one viewport to capture them all - no prob.
  • With 3d work it is better to put the label in the vp annotations and have one label per viewport.

I personally prefer to put all labels in vp annotations and have one label per vp

• Like 2