Speaker tool second bumper

gmulder

Question

Hi All,

When using the speaker tool, you can only add one main bumper within the speaker array tool. It's kind of weird that you are able to use three speaker types with no bumper between them. For example, a configuration with a 4 x K1-SB, 16 x K1, and 4 x K2 underhang. The K1 and K2 connection officially needs a underhang bumper.

Would be nice to see this feature in the new service pack or the software release.

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, gmulder said:

When using the speaker tool, you can only add one main bumper within the speaker array tool. It's kind of weird that you are able to use three speaker types with no bumper between them.

You can add additional bumpers.  Simply select the bumper instead of one of the speakers in the "...to Add" List Browser in the "Array" tab of the Config dialog.

The 1 caveat is that the main bumper and the additional bumpers will all be the same type.  We don't have a secondary type yet.  Until we do, a way to "trick" the tool is to use bumper geometry as 1 of the 3 speaker types.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My post was focused on the secondary bumper. I also thought of the workaround, but in the case like my example, that won't work. If you are using a main bumper and 3 speaker types, you will need a fourth speaker type for the underhang bumper. The secondary bumper would be a very nice extra feature in the tool.