"Ghost" stairs on upper level - can't delete

Thomas H Donalek AIA

Question

v2020 SP5 - I am getting old(?) stairs showing up on the upper level that I can select but can't delete.  I've had this happen in a few projects.  For example, I have a stair starting on Story 1, and which should display above the break on Story 2. (Based on the settings in the "Stair Settings" dialogue, "2D Graphics" tab, "Upper Floor" section.)  When I view Story 2, there is an element visible, but if I select it, in the Object Info Palette, some partial options and info are shown, but there is no name at the top for the selected object.  

I was going to say that if I select one of them, and hit delete, that the selected item disappears, but the "ghost stair" does not disappear.  But... I used Tools -> Custom Selection... to select all items on the upper story level AND whose class is Vert Trans-Main and... it returned 1982 objects selected.  I hit delete and they all went away.

It appears that these nameless "ghost" objects are being created in huge numbers.  I'm glad that I figured out how to get rid of them (select all of them and delete.) But I'm concerned that they may re-appear (forcing me to waste time selecting and deleting them.)

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do differently to avoid them generating in the future?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet