Select System Object Quick Command

LSWHEELDON

Hello,

I'd really like to be able to select a truss symbol in a rigging system and then use a keyboard command to "select system objects", and not have to go through the OIP. Does such a quick command exist? If not, is there a way to create one? I've been looking through the workspace editor, but I can't find that particular function. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well, if using 2021 you could just type 'F' and then type 'sys' and it will come up in quick search and then hit enter.

Or could customise your workspace and place it in the right click. It will be in the Braceworks Menu Commands.

Let me know how you get on.

All the best

Tom W

Window capture 1(54).png

Hello Tom,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I am using 2021.

However, I'm not looking to use any of the three variations of "System Check...".

I am wanting to add a key command to "Select System Objects" (highlighted below), if one isn't available already.

You did point out that the "Select System Objects" command is available in the right click menu, so that helps out a little bit. Thank you for that.

I'd still like to have a key command so I can click on a piece of truss, type the command, and instantly have the connected objects of that particular rigging system highlighted, and ready for calculations.

From what I can tell, "Select System Objects" is not available in the Braceworks workspace editor... unless it's hidden somewhere unexpected? 

Thank you

Screen_Shot_2020-12-14_at_7_03_51_AM.thumb.png.ebc9eb5ded1a4fbc38d0838c00e00bfc.png

Edited by LSWHEELDON
More info
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, you are correct, select system objects only exists in the OIP.

The main reason I suggested system check is because the system check will ascertain as to wether all of your connections are properly connected which is what I assumed you were using select system objects for?

If this is not the case let me know what your end goal is and I can make some suggestions.

All the best

Tom W