"The Future of Design"...from 7 years ago

I wonder if anyone has seen this clip and thought about how a CAD/BIM programme could be if one was to start with a clean slate, unlimited resources etc. I would love to know how this software has developed since this film was made. The engines they show here, and the ones they have subsequently developed, are incredibly intricate and I would have thought as complex as any building. 

Will we see a CAD/BIM programme with no interface other than just interacting with the model with one's hands as shown in the clip? One can imagine a world where contractors could visualise the building onsite with augmented reality and 'colour in' components, placing bricks where the AR building shows bricks, taking measurements direct from the AI building around them, no requirement for drawings. Perhaps even the stair too will work well (sorry VW people, cheap shot).

Interested to hear what other people think of this and how it could be applied to CAD/BIM

Edited by _James
  • Confused 1