drawing convert to hatch?

Hallo,

ich use Vectorworks in english and german vision. In german vision, Vectorworks can convert line drawing into hatch. i can't find it in english vision. Why is that? 

for example: 

is it possible to create hatch from line drawing instead of  those levels in the hatch editor except using tile? 

• Love 2

No you can't do this in the English version of VW. But I am very intrigued to learn that you can do this in the German version. See recent thread below re making hatches:

Can you tell me a bit more about the line drawing to hatch feature in the German software? It definitely creates a hatch yes?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

No you can't do this in the English version of VW. But I am very intrigued to learn that you can do this in the German version. See recent thread below re making hatches:

Can you tell me a bit more about the line drawing to hatch feature in the German software? It definitely creates a hatch yes?

Thanks

yes, it is quite easy. As it is shown in that youtube video: draw any objects, convert them into lines, draw a frame over them and then click Änderung (Modify) --- in Schraffur umwandeln (convert into Hatch)----give it a name and correct settings. And then you have the hatch.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Brilliant. Thank you so much @Tobias Kern!!

While the conversion process with that command doesn't seem to be 100% accurate, it's pretty dang close (and a million times easier than trying to create something from scratch with the Hatch Editor). Would definitely be used a lot if we had access to it in the States.

Hi Andy,

I'm happy that it helps you.

I asked in Jira whether the US version can also receive this plugin.

Theoretically, I could pass on the plugin, but I don't think that would be allowed, so I'd rather not.

... I'm happy to help anyone who needs a hatch.

Greetings and wish you all a nice week and don't fall too deep into the Christmas stress

Tobi