2021 crashing with change of class or layer

hollister design Studio

Question

6 answers to this question

They might have.

I'm still working on making a definitive template file... I keep changing layer and class names etc.

I can't replicate it either.

I've no idea what is different when it crashes (5% of the time) to when it doesn't (95% of the time).

Since I wrote that it hasn't crashed once.

I'm getting shut down crashing fairly often for other reasons too.

What is the workflow for exporting everything out of a corrupt file?

AutoCAD you could make a 'block' of everything and then 'write block' that into a new clean file with all your layers and linetypes etc. intact but none of the crashy parts.

Copy and Paste Layer By Layer is the typical file resurrection technique. Some people say it works better if you swing a dead chicken while doing the copy ;-)

For some reason it does seem that more Windows users are having trouble with VW2021 than Mac users. Usually it is the other way around.

The reason I asked about the template is I was wondering if there could be a corrupt object in your template that is causing the problem in both files.

You might want to send the file to VW Tech Support and ask them to take a look. They can often find things the rest of us can't.