Georeferencing Layer scale

Jens Marr

Question

Hi guys,

I am having trouble to set up my document to match the georeferencing.

All layers have the same scale but the geoimage and the imported shape file are so small compare to my floor plan that I can not see them, only when I am in the same layer as the geoimage and then klick on "Fit to Object" I can see it.

Is there way I can change the scale of the geoimage so its matching the floor plan?

If I do the georeferencing on a blank new file and import my floor plan layer its works.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

So after a painful time of fxxxxxx around I found a hint what was wrong with my document setup.

In the GIS document setup there are tonnes of different options for the Coordinate Systems within your country and I have used the one which I sort is the best for me, it was the NZGD2000 for New Zealand (I have no clue what the best is).

After trying all sorts of thinks to bring the geoimage and my document scale to work I had a closer look at the "Well Known Text (WKT) I found out that some text has a scaling parameter and some not. So if I use a Coordinate System with no scaling parameter my document scaling works fine.

Not sure why some have scaling parameters and some not but its working if you use one without scaling parameter.

Attached two screenshots one with scaling parameter one without.

I hope this can help!

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.36.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.36.07 AM.png