Editing the fill/hatch of a section viewport

Nick Pecher

Question

I'm running into an issue where I'd like the fill of a Section Viewport to be something other than a solid black. This is what's produced when I create a Section Viewport (not the Clip Cube) through the View tab:

image.thumb.png.30a80969a4efadefeeccab803fde9a25.png

Here's an example from another colleague's project that I'm trying to emulate, which was produced using the same method as I used in my document:

image.thumb.png.3e5d4d79498d6687e111a17d8749a42c.png

I've tried fiddling with the Background Render Settings in the Object Info panel, but it seems like all of the settings are the same. Is there something I've overlooked? 

6 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Too many hidden options with low discoverability, but With so many options I don't know how to make it more discoverable.

This applies to quite a few vw features. The worst in my opinion is controlling textures and lighting...

21 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

It is only simple after you know about it. Until someone points a lot of things out they are impossible. Too many hidden options with low discoverability, but With so many options I don't know how to make it more discoverable.

That's the problem I run into; the solutions are usually pretty simple, but finding exactly where the solution is can be rather... vexing.

Thank you again for helping me diagnose this issue!