data tag links

TKA

Question

I have different data tags attached to different objects some visible some invisible.  I has been working faultlessly, then suddenly linking to invisible objects stopped working, the links work when connected to visible and then turned invisible objects and maintain data feed. Other tags still work - are linking to invisible objects. I was searching through settings but cannot find what governs this.

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
4 minutes ago, TKA said:

here is the test tag, it seems to have lost the ability to tag the invisible objects.  It worked before and other tags work regardless whether object is visible or not.TAG test.vwx

Okay, I think I got it. You are trying to use select eligible objects mode of the data tag to tag a single object with the same Data Tag style more than once, right? If this is the case, the Data Tag and its select eligible objects mode were updated to filter out objects that are already tagged with the selected Data Tag's style. Anyway, tagging using the select single object mode should be working as you expect.

Let me know if this is the issue.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I am using single object mode and this particular tag doesn't see the record of invisible object, if I make the object visible in the view port the tag recognizes it and attaches itself, when I go back and turn it invisible the data tag still is attached to the object.