Sheet page numbers / title box

I have read previous posts about the page number field in the sheet data taking its reference from the stacking order of sheet layers. I have made a custom title box and  have set a label to ref the page number field of the sheet data.   However,  the first sheet layer gives a field value of 2 when checking the Auto Page Numbering box and each subsequent sheet layer increases its page number  by a factor of 2.  If i start a new doc and paste the title box into a sheet layer in that doc the numbering is correct with each sheet layer matching its stacking order.  For the life of me I can't work out why this is happening.  The other odd thing that is hampering me is the worksheet I made to list all the worksheets by their page/number/name,  for some reasons this now shows duplicated worksheet layers however this is not so in the Worksheet Layer view.   Does anyone have insight to this problem ?

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 1.38.48 AM.png

Edited by Steve Nield
added more detail
1 hour ago, TKA said:

maybe something doubles the count, can you "control" click on line one and "sect item" and then repeat for line 2, is it coming up with the same object/title block?

Yes.   I Figured it out, i had duplicate title blocks on sheet layers.   

Edited by Steve Nield
added more detail