Link text with popup record

I'm not really sure where this question should go,

I'm trying to attach a popup record to a Symbol but have the label show the popup selection, I've had a couple of ideas on how to achieve this but none of been a one size fits all solution.

Currently linking text to record will only display the first item in the record as it has no relation to the symbol popup selection.

If i use a data tag it means everytime i add the symbol i would need to add the data tag if i'm not mistaken?

popuprecord.thumb.png.19366292fd3af37127012e657330eebd.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Nathaniel.C,

I see that you are using ConnectCAD Device objects? If so, I suppose that the problem here is that you are editing the record of the Device object and not the record of the symbol object. However, the symbol is not editable in the drawing as it is part of the device, and as of VW 2021, there is no way to modify its attached records.

Anyway, you can use the custom params functionality of ConnectCAD to get yourself a custom popup parameter in your device graphics. More on this topic could be read here:

Let me know if you need any additional info. 🙂

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov