VW 9 Bugs

We too have the referencing problem. On some files, I get the message "A name is required for the creation of a new class" as mant times as there are classes in the reference. This happens every time I open the file or update it. The whole process can take up to 5 minutes to open a file---This is unexceptable---I hope there is a fix.

The following are items we've found in upgrade 9 that we wish could be addressed:

1. The off screen scrolling is very sensitive. The cursor needs to be on the ruler or 1/16" near the window in order for the screen to automatically move.

2. The text edit/create tool requires zooming in to operate. If you're at 100% a warning alert appears.

3. What happened to the door head/class for door objects? It used to be "ceiling-main".

4. An odd thing happens when we first open a worksheet. If a row/column is selected to be deleted or added, the class names appear in the sub-window.

5. Why is there an alert warning appear every time we attach a workgroup reference to a target file that says something like "a new class name must be created"? This is a puzzle and a pain.

6. The saved views we have set up usually take some time to generate when in a file. Why is it so slow now to change a go to a saved view?

7. When looking at a rendered model, the rendering capability in GL is not interactive when rotating the model in 3D. I miss quicktime...

any response will be appreciated.

------------------

Jim McAuliffe, RA