Brick Detailing Hatch - strange behaviour in perspective section views

Hi all. Long time lurker - always reading through various posts to learn but this is the first time I'v felt the need to create my own post as I am really struggling to find an answer, or at least the answer I am looking for! I should start by saying I have found a sort-of work around for this issue, which I will explain - but its taxing both in time and on the processing power of the system, and I would rather work in a way that is more forgiving!

Anyway, to my issue...

I am working on a design for a new build block of x3 apartments. Externally, all of the architectural interest is coming from the brick bonding styles we are going to implement. Its a mix of stack bonds, running bonds short side stack bonds, soldier courses. I've attached an image below:

1972535020_Screenshot2020-12-06at10_25_36.thumb.png.b7dcde7647801da06de7b5a10f22ab60.png

Now, to create this I've built the model using the wall tool, then extracted faces on each elevation. I've then created my brick layout on these faces. Now, in elevation these work a treat (even in sectional elevations). The brick detailing shows up as designed, and shows the intent well. 

The issue I am having is when trying to show this model in perspective views. Suddenly, when viewed in this way the bricks (which as all planar objects, but in 3D) change position - they no longer 'hug' the wall surface they are sitting on, but step forward - the view is stretching the model, and the objects lose their position on the model (or at least their association with the wall):

1782367233_Screenshot2020-12-06at10_36_47.thumb.png.41478f1e1a685a326a81142a063fbd76.png1571747307_Screenshot2020-12-06at10_35_58.thumb.png.6846778f15ace841b05fcd374c1e9a1f.png

NOW, if I extrude these bricks (only 5mm), then they suddenly stop moving, and stay 'fixed' to the wall behind them. WHY!!! Can someone explain this to me please? Is there a setting that allows me to keep those planar objects tied to their host wall, or stop them moving? 

1730128643_Screenshot2020-12-06at10_39_40.thumb.png.d66af4dbf61865b28931cf261633fcdf.png
Equally, if there is a better way for me to do this - I am all ears. In terms of the walls, I have considered whether breaking up the walls, having a different segment for each bond might work, but as you can see from the model, the walls change vertically, not just horizontally and this got terribly messy (this does however allow me to apply textures with hatches, achieving what I am after, but the compromise on the walls is too great). 

I am really stumped - and hoping someone has any thoughts! 

Guest Wes Gardner

@studiovarey, it looks like to me that the bricks really ARE in front of the wall which will give you the illusion in elevation view that they are correctly placed. HOWEVER, maybe take a look in Top/Plan view and see where they are located?

Wes