layer kinking

Ok---here's a tough one. I have a small project. I want to put both the floor plan and the Ceiling plan on the same sheet. I can do this via a layer link-HOWEVER- The doors show up on the ceiling plan. If I turn the door class off, they turn off in the floor plan as well (obviously). How can I separate the 2 without having to draw 2 completely different plans? There's got to be a way.

Yes there is a way although it probably wont offer as much flexibility as you might want. You'll probably need to create a linked layer for both the plan view and the RCP so you can move both links around without disturbing the source objects. You'll need to check the Project 2D Object option for the top/plan view to display correctly. For the RCP create a second link to the same source layer but set the view to top rather than top/plan. Your next step depends on the complexity of your symbols. Old VW8 toolkit symbols have no trim so all you're left with is a line in wireframe. Render your walls solid and the lines are gone too. If you use PIOs for doors and windows you can use the Style classes to make the trim invisible. The top view (or any 3D view) will not recognize dashed lines or wall cavities, but will display line weights. Remember, the walls have to have height for this to work (there needs to be a header) so set your delta-Z even if your only doing 2D. Email if you have more questions.

------------------

Geoff Briggs

I & I Design

iandidesign@home.com