Forced to rename Hatch folder for same hatch ??????

I have 2 files open, both started from same template with the same hatches in a Hatch folder. While trying to do a quick revision and copying object with a hatch from one file to another it kept forcing me to rename the Hatch folder. Why is it doing this? I was copying & pasting a few objects, all with the exact same Hatch from the same folder, now in one file I have many Hatch Folders, this is insane. I thought by grouping all of my typical Hatches into a Folder was being organized, but if this is what happens I'm going to remove all folders. What am I doing wrong to make this happen?

Hatch Imports Duplications.jpg

I don't see this behaviour. Copying an object from one file to another, if that object has no new resources associated with it, should have no bearing on the resources or the resource folders in the file you're copying it into.

The only time I'd see what you describe is if I tried to import a Resource Folder from one file into another file which contained a Resource Folder of the same name: then there'd be a naming conflict + I'd have to rename the folder.

Unless VW2021 behaves differently to 2020. Or I've misunderstood what you're saying

Tom, your close, I have 2 files open, both created from the same template, so they both have the same resource folder :Hatches", with the same typical hatches I mostly use. I was copying an object with the brick shaded hatch from one file to the other & every time I pasted it into the other file it kept asking me to rename the "Hatch" folder. It was the same hatch in the same resource folder with no options. Hope that explains it better.

7 hours ago, Dubman said:

Tom, your close, I have 2 files open, both created from the same template, so they both have the same resource folder :Hatches", with the same typical hatches I mostly use. I was copying an object with the brick shaded hatch from one file to the other & every time I pasted it into the other file it kept asking me to rename the "Hatch" folder. It was the same hatch in the same resource folder with no options. Hope that explains it better.

This is what I understood you meant but like I said, I can't replicate this behaviour.

In your screenshot, do the various hatches folders actually contain anything or are they empty?

Wow, none of these Hatch Folders contain any hatches. After further investigation into the original file the conflict has something to do with the Resource folder having the same name as a class definition & the file I am pasting the object into did not have the Resource folder Hatches. It was an older template file of a stage that was created some time ago. Sorry, I thought both files started from same Template file & when I do the same copy & paste into a second file from same template it works fine, no issues. I've never seen this before though & of course it happens when your in a rush doing quick changes to a file. This does tell me that I need to update all of my stage template files to all have the same folders & hatches in the resource folders.

Thanks for questioning me to help me think of checking into the files further

Hatch Folder Issues.jpg