Vertical Siding does not line up from 1st to 2nd floor in Viewport

I am working on a house that has vertical siding that runs continuously from the first to second floors. I have applied a texture (and hatch) to my model that does not line up when it transitions from one floor to another. I have aligned the texture to the "z" coordinate, which fixes the problem in the design layers (attachment 1),  but does not consistently fix the problem in the viewport (attachment 2). How do I get the siding to line up throughout my model? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.29.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 11.28.32 AM.png

Guest Wes Gardner

This seems to happen when walls on the two stories have slightly different "end conditions." In other words, one wall runs a bit longer than the other is a condition that I've found messes things up...

I've had the same issue with horizontal surface hatches not lining up where the DL changes, no matter what the Z coordinate. Sometimes the hatches recognize the "use world Z coordinate" for a moment, only to lose the sync again after a while.