Fifth Vectorworks Design Scholarship Opens for Submissions

KPrice

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Global design and BIM software provider Vectorworks, Inc. announces its fifth Vectorworks Design Scholarship. This global competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students in major disciplines related to architecture, landscape architecture, landscape design, entertainment and interior design who can now submit either new or old projects for a chance to win up to $10,000 USD.

“This year’s theme is “Design. Submit. Win” and we want students from around the world to do just that,” said Vectorworks Marketing Programs Director Alice Lowy. “This is a prime opportunity for students to show off their best work for professional recognition and more, and we look forward to seeing what students come up with.”

To apply, students must complete a quick online application providing their contact information followed by details about their project before submitting for consideration. A panel of judges will evaluate submissions based on design, technology, originality, presentation and writing.

The competition includes a two-round judging process. First-round winners will each receive $3,000 USD and will be entered for the chance at the grand prize Richard Diehl Award, worth an additional $7,000 USD. Scholarships may be used as winners see fit from tuition to travel. Additionally, winners’ schools will receive free Vectorworks Designer software and free virtual workshop training.

“I entered the Vectorworks Design Scholarship to show I could design a stage, present it with clarity and more in software programs like After Effects, Vision and MAonPC,” said Kristopher Clemson, founder of Bifröst Lighting LLC and last year’s first entertainment Richard Diehl Award winner. “Winning the scholarship was a tremendous help in getting my career started and I encourage all students to enter the contest, because not only is the scholarship money helpful, but it’s also an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door into your industry, whether you attend a well-known school or not.”

Submissions are open now through March 31, 2021. Winners will be announced June 16, 2021. Students can also visit the academic programs page to find additional resources to help with their projects.

For more information or to apply, visit vectorworks.net/scholarship.

Scholarship-Press-Release.jpg

• Like 1