Created a plant list report... some plants have no quantities attached...

Stephanie Desmeules

Question

Hi!

I created a planting list using the "create report" tool. Some plants have no quantities attached to them... why? I checked the "on plant list" in the Object Info Palette for all of them... All plants are in one and only class (p-végétaux). I don't use the design layers at all. Also for some plants, the count is not good, some are missing!

Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.01.14 AM.png

3 answers to this question

Check the database header row cell for the Quantity column and make sure the Sum Values check box is checked.

It looks like you have multiple rows SUMmarized together. In any column that the data is different for different quantities you get the "---" mark to indicate that there are multiple values.

To help explain think about this.  The Pr that shows a quantity of 25 could be a single instance with quantity of 25 or it could be three instances with a quantity of 25 each. As long as they are all identical the database will show the identical value. But the value you want to see if (3 x 25)=75.

When you turn on Sum Values for a column it will add up all those values instead of showing the identical value or the ---

HTH

• Love 1