Data Tag customized unit

Wenwen

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think you can. It appears that only linear dimension can be set to not "Show Mark" by unchecking the box. That kind of makes sense so you always know if something is not a simple dimension, but it makes it really hard to do what you are trying to do.

I will ponder this and maybe we will both get lucky and someone else will chime in with the easy answer.

Sorry.

I think I figured it out with a lot of help from other posts on the forum.

The math in Data Tags takes the units into account. So to get rid of unit marks you have to divide by something else using the same unit mark. You can then put your now unit mark text in. 

The following data tag definition displays the Area of a drawing in Square Feet but with a unit mark of L/S.  Note that there is no space between the1 and the sq in the divisor of 1sq ft.

#AREA#/1sq ft L/S

Your definition probably needs to be something like:

#AREA#/50sq m l/s

Good luck.

• Like 2
On 12/3/2020 at 5:37 AM, Pat Stanford said:

I think I figured it out with a lot of help from other posts on the forum.

The math in Data Tags takes the units into account. So to get rid of unit marks you have to divide by something else using the same unit mark. You can then put your now unit mark text in. 

The following data tag definition displays the Area of a drawing in Square Feet but with a unit mark of L/S.  Note that there is no space between the1 and the sq in the divisor of 1sq ft.

#AREA#/1sq ft L/S

Your definition probably needs to be something like:

#AREA#/50sq m l/s

Good luck.

thanks for your answer! yes i have also read this solution in an other old post, but it did not work with me. my document unit is meter, so i just divided 1 sq m. Unfortunately it shows for example: 20 sq msq m l/s 

1462788272_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-06um21_45_30.thumb.png.59ba8717e8099ac5667059a9365ff100.png370352483_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-06um21_46_27.thumb.png.66aaf065bef5ae75eb5abc031b88774f.png

BUT, i finally find a way to get it! i have to define a record "1 sq m" in record format and then use this record to be divided by AREA. Then it works! Just notice, DONT use "document unit", use "square meters".

999767410_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-06um21_40_17.thumb.png.914245b92d21356c4642806b91d527fe.png

i still don't know why it has to be so complicated:(

but at least, it works:)

I am glad you got it working for you. 

I just tried use Document Units in a drawing set to Square Meters and it worked fine, except that I could not find a way (after about 5 minutes of playing) to control the number of decimal places after the division.

In the following formula, the top row is in document units and give just l/s as the written units. The next two lines are for Document Units and Sq M that I was trying to see how each option actually displayed the units. They are all the same. I don't know what was going on if your version.

Flow is: #AREA#/50sq m l/s

#AREA#

#AREA##sq m_1_1#