2019 vs 2020 vs 2021? What's best?

Mik

I usually fly on last year's model to avoid bugs.

In this post there was a lot of dissatisfaction with speed going to VW2020: 

In this older post, it indicated that graphics cards really only help OpenGL & wireframe modes: 

So what does everyone think?

Is 2020 still slower than 2019?

Did 2021 help?

Is it stable yet?

Still very dissatisfied with my Renderworks speeds. A single-family house with good detail but apparently a lot less than some things I have seen others post can take hours to process. I have given up on using Renderworks.

My machine: 

NVIDIA® Quadro® P4000 (8 GB GDDR5, 4 x Displayport 1.4)

Intel® Xeon® W-2133 Processor (3.6 GHz, up to 3.9 GHz w/Turbo Boost, 8.25 MB cache, 6 core)

32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-2666 ECC Memory

For me 2021 is more stable than 2020 and 2019.  

Render speeds in 2020 were noticeably faster over 2019 for me. And file sizes were noticeably smaller for the same file in 2020 over 2019.

2021 renders feel about the same or a little faster than 2020.  Just navigating around in 2021 is noticeably faster than 2020 and 2019.

That's on a pretty new Mac with last year's OS.

I'm on 2020.  I actually noticed a speed improvement over 2019 in regards to moving around the 3D environment.  I found both 2019 and 2020 to be pretty stable for my use on an older macbook pro and a 2020 iMac.  I develop fairly extensive 3D landscape models with site topography and high poly count plant models.  I also use a lot of OBJ drone models and point clouds, which is taxing on the hardware but the software copes well.  My problems in the software usually relate to complex site models or worksheets where the computer has some heavy recalculations to perform and occasionally hangs, but this does not happen often.

I installed 2020 on a high spec PC for a short time earlier this year when I was waiting for the iMac.  Everything on that PC was faster than my macbook pro on paper, slow and buggy in reality.  All of this is anecdotal of course and who knows why the PC created so much drama in my case, probably a graphics card driver or similar.