cable tool vs label legend

matteom

Question

Hello

it seems I found a bug, forgive me if I a missing something.

after having assigned the multicable circuits to the lights I can see in my label legend the right values, but if for some reason I must change the multicable RUN ID name the legend (and the lights objects) doesn't update with the new value/name.

I already used the commands refresh lights /refresh cable/refresh labels

spotlight shouldn't be supposed to update everything linked with each object?

Thanks

Matteo

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Only the multicable object's label legend should display the changed cable run id.

The Multicable object will only doesn't maintain any sort of active connection with lighting devices (or any other object). If you change the cable run ID after using the assign circuits command you will have to either manually update the lighting devices circuit name and number fields or re run the assign circuits command, before the changes will display on a the lighting devices label legend

Cable objects created by the new cable tools behave differently and do transmit changes to connected objects depending on the type of object

Lighting devices will have their circuit name and number fields up dated if the connected cable object has its cable run Id changed

Any distributor objects will display the updated cable run ID in the input or output field that the cable object is connected to but will not have their ID changed

Other cable objects will display the changed cable run ID in the start or end field which display what the cable is connected to, but again will not have their own cable run ID changed.

Because the new cable tools are still a preview feature there will be improvements made to how cable objects interact with each other and other objects as their development continues.