IFC Export changes steel framing members

Boh

Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it? The PFC legs of the portal have turned 90° and the cross member profile has changed to some other type of channel wgich is not the PFC profile from my VW file.

Thanks!

My VW file:

image.thumb.png.8b10c4af04ab590681b0a9071217a7ae.png

IFC Export file:

image.thumb.png.5b0a4d83c9f9889d3d0c32cb1473c810.png

Guest Wes Gardner

@Boh...I believe Solibri still offers a free download for both Mac and PC. Solibri Model Viewer as opposed to the "industrial strength" Solibri Model Checker.  If I recall correctly there were some issues with mirroring objects (or it might have been if you rotate objects) hmmmm....

Wes

Guest Wes Gardner

@Boh - I just tried a couple of Structural Members as columns and a Framing Member as a beam.  I mirrored one of the columns and it seemed to stay oriented correctly...I'll keep trying to see what's up...

In Solibri

Solibri.png

In Vectorworks

Vectorworks.png

Thanks @Wes Gardner for spending time on this. Ill definitely check out the solibri viewer.  Cheers 

Edit: So after downloading the Solibri viewer the steel portal columns and beam are still wrong. Must be a VW export issue. Even tried with VW2020. Maybe 2021! (or is that too hopeful?). I like the Solibri viewer though and the freebie optimizer is a bonus too! Cheers

image.thumb.png.8c3fda2696fd00f11dfc7ae3b260fe5b.png

Edited by Boh