G-Series using Version simultaneously - License count?

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

just a short question.

When I use more Vectorworks-Versions simultaneously on the same machine, does every Vectorworks instance I run count as a license?

I just took a look at the RLM Server Administration Web-Interface and it looks to me like that. Every time I start or quit a Vectorworks-Program/Instance on my local machine the license counter on the server goes up or down.

If I check out a license instead i can run as many instances on my machine&user as I want simultaneously (what makes more sense to me, imho)

So, is the number on the server right or just simply misleading. In fact actually I got 2020, 2021 SP1 and 2021 SP2 running on my Mac and every instance is listed on the RLM Administration-License overview...

3 answers to this question

• Administrator
On 11/30/2020 at 5:10 AM, matteoluigi said:

When I use more Vectorworks-Versions simultaneously on the same machine, does every Vectorworks instance I run count as a license?

@matteoluigi yes, you are correct. If you open multiple instances of Vectorworks in the same client, every instance will be counted in the RLM. The system is working as design. 

Just now, JuanP said:

If you open multiple instances of Vectorworks in the same client, every instance will be counted in the RLM.

ok, so, i made a check what happens, if I check out a license and try to work "offline" with more instances of Vectorworks. It worked as well.

So:

- if I work in connection with the RLM, every Instance of Vectorworks I open is counted in the RLM. so, either 10 persons open 10 instances or 5 persons open 2 instances a person. However it's 10 licenses running on the RLM

- If I instead check borrow a 2021 license and work outside the company-network, I can open as many instances as I want with just one license counted on the RLM (already tried it here)

- (same issue with E-Series and with B-Series/Dongle-Series) - with one license I can open as many instances on the same machine, as I want to)

Somehow that doesn't make sense to me...

Guest Benno Wendt

Hi @JuanP,

is the system still working as you are mentioned above?

We just hit this behavior too and wanted to know if it's still working like that and/or there are changes planned.

Thanks, Benno

Edited by Benno Wendt