VectorWorks 9/VectorWorks Architect 9 (1.0.1 to 9?)/Renderworks 9 Package

After over two years of waiting for the new VectorWorks 9 and being told last Monday when I ordered it that it would be ready on Wednesday to ship and that I would receive it this past Friday, I found out that it ain't so!

When I called to check on its arrival on Friday, I was told that it was on back order and that it would not ship for at least a week. I called on the first day it was available and it's sold out already? I gather that it is not really sold out-just not ready to go! If it is not ready to go, why did Nemetschek say that it would be delivered on Friday. I was really looking forward to receiving it and hopefully having a program that is a lot less buggy than VW8.5.2 and with a lot more features.

I believe that Nemetschek should honor their commitment and at least send VW9 & RW9 for now and then VWArchitect9(?) when it is ready to ship and do so at the same upgrade/package price.

Let us all let Nemetschek know this is what they should do. Otherwise, who knows how long we will have to wait!

Samuel Duff Combs, AIA, NCARB, Architect

Combs & Combs, AIA

Mac OS 9.1

Mac G4/500 Dual Processor 40+80 GB Hard Drive, 1024 MB RAM-250 to VectorWorks

VectorWorks 8.5.2

RenderWorks 8

VectorWorks Architect 1.0.1

• 2 weeks later...

I whole-heartedly agree. I have recently purchased an upgrade (I'm a Mac guy) plus a new Windows site license for VW Architect for a new employee. The program was to ship last Friday. Now I hear that it won't be til 1st or 2nd week of April. I hope the learning curve will be real short because my deadline hasen't changed. The demo doesn't help much. A full working program would be much better even if it is only VW9.