Vectorworks 2021 Crashing on macOS Big Sur

alexmarton

Question

Hi everyone,

My Vectorworks 2021 (SP2) crashes every time I try to open the Resource Manager, Style Options, Wall Options, Door Styles etc, making it virtually impossible for me to do my work. I also cannot change line styles as it crashes the app.

I did a clean reinstall of Vectorworks 2021 today, and the issue still persists. Since this, I am also unable to dock palettes to the sides of windows, and I also cannot change Workspaces as Vectorworks freezes up and gives me the endless beachball.

Does anyone else have the same issue? If so, has anyone managed to find a workaround or a fix for this?

I'm on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, 2019 15" MacBook Pro (Intel i7-9750H, 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 555X). I feel like the root of this may be Big Sur, although I'm not having any issues with any other programs, only Vectorworks, and these issues have only started happening about 5 days ago.

Any help would be appreciated. 

6 answers to this question

Since you did a clean install, I'd look at either a corrupted preference file, a corrupted workspace or another app or system extension that conflicts with VW.

If it was me I'd try these three steps first.

In case you have a corrupted preference file, try blowing away your preferences:  

If you use a custom workspace try going back to a default workspace.

If that doesn't work, make a new user on your computer and open VW in that user account.

• Like 1