BUG - AutoHybrid line attributes not able to be overridden in Viewport

Tom Klaber

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Tom, thanks for sending the file. Much easier to see what is happening in your file than to try and create a sample. Answering here so it goes into the communal memory.

You have your Autohybrid set to Use 2D Attributes of the Contained Object(s). I think this should actually be named Use 2D Attributes of the Sectioning Object(s). See the Fill section in the attached screen shot. Since this is not a Section, I think the lines are getting put into some kind of "virtual class" that is not the class of the objects and therefore not being properly overridden in the Viewport. In VW, Inc. terms, I would bet this is Working as Designed (WAD) rather than being a bug. Certainly worth submitting a Wish on if it bothers you.

The work around is to set the Autohybrid to Use Class 2D Attributes. See the Line section in the attached screenshot. This will make the objects in the viewport actually use the class of the Autohybrid and allows the Class Override in the viewport to work.

If you don't want to have to change all 29 instances manually, this can be changed in a worksheet relatively easily. Create a Worksheet. Create a Database using Type is AutoHybrid. Set the Column A Formula to Records:AutoHybrid:Below Cutplane Fill. Set the Column B formula to Below Cutplane Pen. Set Column A to SUMmarize.

Select the only cell still showing click the Disclosure Triangle and change it to Use Class 2D Attributes. Repeat in Column B.

image.thumb.png.ba88ed31c2e6e5b3fa35e31ada26d4f2.png

• Like 1