Editing Polygons

hikeifulike

Hi everyone.

I am brand new to Vectorworks and have downloaded the trial version in the hope that I can teach myself so that I might be able to draw up plans for the company I work for.

Attached is an image of a Playground I put together using Corel Draw which I can use very well, but its not able to scale like CAD software, plus I need to be able to import CAD files, rather than convert them to PDF and then edit.

Anyway, I have tried to draw the same polygon, but I am struggling to reshape the curve between points A and D, and I have looked at videos, I just cannot find what I am looking for, please help.

I have attached two files, the jpeg, is exported from Corel to show what I am trying to achieve, and the other is the Vectorworks Landmark file I am struggling with, as you can see I have managed to import the Google Image to trace the line of the area to be worked.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone help.... go easy, Im still getting to grips with the terminology in Vectorworks 😉

Thanking you all in advance

SAFRON WALDON.jpg

Safron Waldon VW Draft-Backup-20201128125134.vwx

Welcome to the forum.

I think what you're looking for is the reshape tool.  (In the basic tool palette).  You can also invoke the tool by double clicking a polygon or polyline.

Look in the top left corner of the drawing window.  You will see the modes for the tool.  The reshape modes are:

Move Polygon Handles Mode, Move Edges Parallel Mode, Change Vertex Mode, Add Vertex Mode, Delete Vertex Mode, Hide or Show Edges Mode |

Changing those modes will change what the tool does.

If you're going to add a vertex or change a vertex, the second group of modes determines what kind of vertex you will get.

The third group of modes determines how you select multiple vertices to move.

17 hours ago, michaelk said:

Welcome to the forum.

I think what you're looking for is the reshape tool.  (In the basic tool palette).  You can also invoke the tool by double clicking a polygon or polyline.

Look in the top left corner of the drawing window.  You will see the modes for the tool.  The reshape modes are:

Move Polygon Handles Mode, Move Edges Parallel Mode, Change Vertex Mode, Add Vertex Mode, Delete Vertex Mode, Hide or Show Edges Mode |

Changing those modes will change what the tool does.

If you're going to add a vertex or change a vertex, the second group of modes determines what kind of vertex you will get.

The third group of modes determines how you select multiple vertices to move.

Hi Michael

thanks for the help. I have in fact got as far as you have explained, but I am struggling to change the shape, in my mind, I think I am supposed to be able to select a "node" and then manipulate the shape, I manage to get as far as you have explained but fail to actually change the shape for some reason. Do you know of any videos I could watch?