why would i want va

I'm fairly green with this cad stuff but learning and love it. I've been using vw 8.5.2 for about a year now on my g4 450 with mac os 9.1.

What does architect have that vectorworks doesn't?

Isn't vectorworks an architectural cad program?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

More complex answer: VW Architect, in addition to many new architectural objects, provides project management features (e.g. Issue Manager and Redliner) and the option to structure your proeject in a single integrated 2D/3D model using the Setup Assistant and the Task Manager. The goal of VA is to provide a single working dataset that can form the basis of all your drawings.

practical answer: because the enhanced features will make you more productive and theoretically earn you more money or through better tracking prevent losses. If you don't need productivity then you don't need Architect. And no VW is not an architectural cad program. It is a general purpose cad program with arcvhitecturally oriented features. It also works for lighting design, mechanical design, signage design, set modeling etc. Architect is a version of VW set up to be an architectural cad program much like (but less expensive than) Archicad

[This message has been edited by smithlb (edited 03-21-2001).]