Textured Linework in Architectural Drawing

collins

I'm not sure where to aim this topic but am hoping to figure out how best to get the result of the attached drawing made by a friend.

After all line work in my drawings I would like to add 'texture' too the drawing to show different earth build up, vegetation, wear on the solid surfaces etc.

Sand, concrete and plaster hatches get me so far in creating texture but the drawing below has a range of different 'groups of polygons' that can be abstracted one by one when digging through the dwg drawing but is very heavy and very very slow.

This drawing was created on autocad and somehow the program can handle this large amount of linework. A large batch of the desired linework is pasted over the drawing and then a 'wipeout' tool is used to mask off any undesired areas. 

Also attached are some examples of the linework when extracted from the overall drawing illlustrating the kind of linework as I have ben trying to figure out if this sort of stuff can somehow be translated into a hatch of tile etc. If so where can I find these more rugged natural hatches etc.?

Cheers

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.15.47.png

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.17.39.png

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.17.53.png

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.18.16.png

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.18.55.png

a delicate balance.pdf

I have managed to create a tile of a pattern shown above which is a step closer.

The way I have tried to draw in general is by using class definitions and ensure 'make al attributes by class' checked to keep the lineweights consistent and controlled throughout all drawings. This means a lot of classes. and especially if I am having different tones of black to denote items that are further away in lighter grey.

Is there a way of applying a tile to an object but making it take on the destination class properties?