Titleblock Manager...

Hi Jeff,

I am not intending to be negative, but based on the people posting here on the list, you seem to have more problems than most others. I am trying to think what we can do to help remedy that.

I can think of five main reasons for this. Or maybe it is a combination of these five and others.

1. Hardware issues. This may be the least likely reason, but it is always a possibility.

2. Installation issues. If your installation somehow got corrupted, or your user folder has corruption, or a workspace that has been brought forward a number of versions, that could cause problems that others are not seeing.

3. Usage Style. Perhaps your usage of VW just happens to hit more problem areas in VW than other users.

4. Care about details. Perhaps you care more about details or workflow than others on the forum. From some of the people I know on the list, this is also likely not the case.

5. Thought pattern. I like VW. Even though I don't get to use it that much, VW and I "think" in similar fashion. This makes it relatively easy for me to figure out what is happening a lot of the time. If you don't "think" like VW, then I could imagine it being a very frustrating experience to use it.

Can you point to one of the above items or add others that you think exacerbate your issues?

I can tell from you post you are frustrated, but it does not give us very much to go on to help you with your current problem, or to help make Enhancement Requests to try and make things better for the future.

There are people here on the forum who are paying attention and who do care that you are having issues.

Let us know what we can do to help.

• Like 1

@Pat Stanford oh, that was a treat to read indeed.

Thanks, but I don't need any help with this issue, it has been resolved.  If you are jonesing for a real mystery to solve, check out some of those "Outstanding Tech Support Issues" linked in my signature.

Anyhow, about the error that got my goat today....

My title block moved immediately after using the Title Block Manger to add Issue Data.  The error is non repeatable in neither the problem file nor other files using the same title block style.  None of the date text spilled outside the bounds of the title block or any of the other common issues related to magically repositioning title blocks.

It seems the error is tied to the fact that I had to publish a set of PDFs before COB and the holiday.  I believe there is a calendar trigger in the software that throws random errors on Friday afternoons and before major holidays.  Clearly, this is the only logical explanation 🙂

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, jeff prince said:

A constant proof that Engineers hate us, and love to see us miserable.

I finally get to prepare for thanksgiving after two hours of chasing titleblock errors, something's gotta improve in this regard.

- Hello @jeff prince,

If you still encounter any issues with the Title Block Border, let me know and I will help with what I can to resolve the issue.

As @Pat Stanford mentioned, we can help only when you let us know what exactly is the issue and how did it happen, so that we can analyze it and see where is the problem coming from.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1