Creating elevations - issues with 3D Sections and rendering

Marshallae

Hi all,

I'm trying to create some 2D elevations from a 3D model.  Specifically I'm trying to do this in conjunction with Enscape rendering, and therefore don't just want to use a native VW viewport for the elevation as that won't have the nice looking rendering of Enscape (and you can't run Enscape against a 2D viewport).

Therefore I'm trying to create a 3D section and then view that via Enscape.  I've done that in VW, but the result is somewhat odd. When creating the 3D section the result is a single grouped object in it's own design layer, which loses all of the render textures of the original model.  Is there a way around this? It almost does what I'm after, but losing all the textures is rather unhelpful.

Screenshots attached to demonstrate issue.

textured model original.png

Section with no textures.png

49 minutes ago, grant_PD said:

How does Enscape deal with the clip cube?  That might be a possible avenue to try.

Hi Grant, please can you elaborate? I've not seen any options in Enscape called anything like that, but may be missing something?

p.s. for reference the way Enscape suggests you do Elevations themselves is to cut a section in VW then just use Enscape as normal (https://blog.enscape3d.com/orthographic-views)

Edited by Marshallae
adding more detail

My trial of Enscape has expired.  But I was hoping that you could use the clip cube tool that is native to vectorworks and have Enscape render that.  It does not seem to update with my version however.  Cutting sections as described in the Enscape help is pretty old school.  I would hope that in the future they could recognize viewports.  

• 2 years later...

We are having the same issue. Clip cube works great within Vectoroworks, but once we open Enscape the section is ignored and the whole model appears.

We looked at the Enscape instructions, but these just don't work on the Architect Workspace.

We would appreciate this being resolved as its a huge usability issue!