Labels for Schematic views

MSLD

Is there an easy way to apply labels to a schematic view? If I create a schematic view from a hanging position, the schematic view shows the position name. If i create it from a lighting pipe, or truss system, it won't show a name. I've tried using data tags,  #Lighting Pipe#.#Name# doesn't work, and #NNA_SchematicViewObject#.#Name# gives a value of 0. Any suggestions?

Currently, the only way that I know of adding a data tag to a schematic view of a rigging object is to attach a record to the schematic View and manually fill-in the data. You can also make a data tag label that you fill-in yourself.

However, that is a very long way around doing what you need. The only way to get a Hanging Position label is going to be by putting all the Rigging object geometry inside a Hanging Position. The Hanging Position Label will show on a schematic View.

The way I have been using data tags for this is to add a data tag to the rigging object and then duplicate and offset it to the schematic view. It can cope with different layers and classes and I find that this workflow works fairly well.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1