Export to C4D sort by class, some objects don't export

EP-lucas

Question

I regularly export geometry only to C4D and until recently have just used the native VW organization option without issues. I decided to do myself a favor and start applying classes to all objects in my VW files so that, once exported to C4D and sorted by class, I could apply a material to all the objects in that class and speed up my material application. The problem I'm having is now that I'm selecting the Sort by Class option in the C4D export window, the objects in some of the classes aren't exporting to C4D. When I export the same file with native VW organization, all objects appear regardless of class. I've checked the Class settings to make sure the fill and pen are set to solid rather than none, and have 100% opacity. I've even changed the Class on the disappearing objects to a Class that I know is exporting, still those same objects won't export. These objects only export when using native VW organization for C4D export. So this must have something to do with the Sort by Class option or the objects themselves. Anyone else have the same issue and/or a solution? I did a lot of work to apply all these classes and now that feature and effort are worthless if it's not going to export all objects. 

2 answers to this question

Complete guess here as I have never used C4D and have no way to test, but does C4D have the same type of "Container Object" limitations as VW?

There are a number of different "Container Objects" such as Symbols, Group, Walls, Plugin Objects and probably others. A Container Object has a class. The "Contained" objects inside the container also have a class. If the class of the container object is different than the classic of the contained objects and you set the Class Options to Active Only, then you will never see those objects because the class of both the container and the contained have to be visible to be able to see them.

If C4D has a similar feature of only showing things in a single class it is possible you are seeing something similar.