Data Visualization on Irrigation Pipes

Hi guys, good morning,

I've been trying the data visualization tool on planting and irrigation.

Do you have any experience with DV in pipes? My idea is to create a DV to represent with different colors the pipes according to its nominal size (2" blue, 1" red, 1/2" green, for example) or its calculated velocity (red over 1,52 m/s).

The thing is that I'm not being able to reach those record data. None at all, to be fair, concerning pipes. Did someone had the same problem? Any workaround?

I upload my "test file" so you can take a look.

Thanks!!!

Untitled1.vwx

1 hour ago, bgoff said:

@jpccrodrigues Attached is I believe what you are looking for.Set the criteria to Object Parameter then look for Pipe Nominal size. Because it is a line you need to set the line color of the DV to apply attributes then set the pen to the color needed.

It seems that I might have a problem with this. Trying to see you DV script:

image.thumb.png.e31a3a87a8c47e4b6239bcb3594814df.png

Cannot edit or even open it. Any clue about this?

Thanks!!!

Just an FYI, depending on version, there is also a data visualization bug associated with Irrigation Objects that may, or may not, be solved yet. I have submitted the bug in Beta testing and still haven't determined if it's fixed.

Essentially the bug is that once a data visualization is set up, say for pipe size or for output pressure, the data visualization appears correctly upon first setup, but as soon as the design changes, the visualization doesn't dynamically update or change with the changes in parameters. The only workaround I have found was to save the data visualization, remove it from the current drawing, and then re-apply it from the saved visualization library.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

of course you would find that! Do you test everything working backwards in a mirror on a Thursday with the wind blowing from the east? 🙂  Good to know I will test. Lets see what JP comes back with.

• Like 1

@bgoff I am fluctuating between 2020 and 2021. It may be fixed in the newest SPs, but I haven't tested it again.

When I said changes to the design, I meant something like if the Input/Design pressure changed, and thus pipe's resized or the output pressure changes. The corresponding data visualization doesn't change to show any changes in pipe size or output pressure...I just stayed the same as when the data visualization was first applied.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@jpccrodrigues We believe it is from an old workspace that was corrupted or modified incorrectly. Could you try editing the workspace? Got to Tool>Workspaces> Edit Current Workspace. then under tools tab (on the right hand side) select tool sets>irrigation  remove the pipe tool and then find it in the left column and replace. 

Also if you are using a custom workspace and it it listed try switching to the Landmark (Stock version) this would only be if a different workspace is showing.