Closed Polygones disappear when extruded in Open GL mode

Dcrb

Hi,

I have a 3d site model containing a large number of buildings and topography, which I imported into Vectorworks as a dwg and have saved as a new Vectorworks file.

I need to copy and paste simple extruded polygons and rectangles (proposed massing) into this site model.  When I copy and paste extruded objects into this file from another Vectorworks file they become completely invisible in the new file, despite the fact there are visible in the file I am copying them from.  (I am viewing in Open GL Mode in 3d views in both instances -  also invisible in new file wireframe etc).  All other existing 3d objects in the site model are visible in these modes, but not the new ones I am pasting in.  I am able to select them, so can see they are present with orange lines around them, but when not selected they are completely invisible.

If I try copying and pasting the 2d shapes into file instead, they are visible as long as they are 2d shapes, but as soon as I extrude them they become invisible, despite everything else in the site model remains visible.  The extruded objects have a solid fill in attributes panel, so it isn't that.

I would be grateful for any help you could provide me with.

Thanks