Get Connectors - All connector locations reset

AceRoehrborn

I have a few custom panels with quite a few connectors on them, which took a little bit of time to layout.  I need to make a change to the panel and add a connector.  I have created the connector on the schematic layer.  When I run the get connectors command from the elevation layer, everything on the panel that is already laid out is wiped out.  The new connector is added but I have to re-layout everything again.

Has anyone figured out a way to just do an update of the panel?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
22 minutes ago, AceRoehrborn said:

I have a few custom panels with quite a few connectors on them, which took a little bit of time to layout.  I need to make a change to the panel and add a connector.  I have created the connector on the schematic layer.  When I run the get connectors command from the elevation layer, everything on the panel that is already laid out is wiped out.  The new connector is added but I have to re-layout everything again.

Has anyone figured out a way to just do an update of the panel?

- I do not think that this is currently possible. Anyway, you can manually insert the correct connector symbol in the Equipment Item layout and then set the correct name for the connector from the symbol's Data Pane. Just be precise in following the steps in the previous statement, so that you avoid things getting weird 🙂 .

Thanks!  I will give that a try.

I would love to add an option to update, instead of completely refresh the connectors to the wish list!  That would be very handy.  Or even it if has to completely refresh, just have the system keep track of the location of the existing symbol and replace it in the same XY location.

Appreciate your quick responses!  I feel like I am creating a bunch of questions and complaints but this is a really great product and its working great for me!  Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

I've been bouncing between VW2020 and 2021, so maybe I'm behind and didn't realize when this happened, but...just noticed (in VW2021 SP3 at least) that the "Get Connectors" button now acts more like an update command and pulls newly created connectors from schematic layers without resetting the Connector Panel's layout.

Thanks for taking care of this CC/VW team!

• Like 1