Trouble with Landscape Areas between pavers

I tend to like pip concrete pavers with interplanting...

I'm having trouble using VW to populate these areas with ground cover.

Example:

1631875397_LandscapeAreapavers.thumb.jpg.65bf9316d95b1689e1563fd9c949bd8c.jpg

'A' is a landscape area set to 1 FoC -  Spacing is odd, plants are overlapping in some places and barren in others.

'B' is a landscape area set to 1 P/sqFt -  Spacing is even more odd, and even more plants are overlapping in some places and barren in others.

'C' is plant tool set poly-edged space mode and 1'-2" spacing - The poly-edge tool doesn't like islands or back tracking... it really didn't work here.

'D' is individual plants placed and  grouped with 'change plant groupings' (obviously need to hand draw the polyline or not go "backwards" to fill in end areas).

'E' is a polygon to show what I'm trying to plant out.

Both of the Landscape Areas look wrong... but I could turn off the visible plant symbols if I tweaked the spacing to get the numbers up to around 57.

Also,  can I include Landscape Areas in my normal plant schedule or does it have to be a separate schedule?

Thoughts on how to get Landscape Areas to work in situations like this? 

Or it this not the proper tool for this function?

14 minutes ago, hollister design Studio said:

As a new user, I just don't want to do things "the old way" if there is a good BIM system to use!

@hollister design Studio A good BIM system... therein lies the problem 🙂

You will find in time that there are many broken tools and workflows that no even the best intentioned BIM practitioner can reasonably justify using to achieve particular graphic outcomes.  In this case, you can use individual plant placement to achieve a precise result or use landscape areas for their intended purpose of defining an area of a planting application, relying on details to express precise placement if needed.

• Like 2