Custom Fields in Title Block Disappear

Michal Zarzecki

Question

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong here.

I created a Title Block style with some custom fields like BIM suitability etc. I then imported this style to the company's template as an update.

Today, one of my colleagues told me that there is no Suitability field in the Sheet Data area within the style. It appeared that the custom field indeed disappeared from the style's definition. From this description, can anyone see anything wrong or is able to advise what to do to make sure that these custom fields are being retained? Or, perhaps it was just a random glitch? However, I am sure I had similar instances before.

Any thoughts very welcome.

2 answers to this question

Was the missing data in a file that was generated from the template AFTER you did the update? Or could it have been made BEFORE you edited the template?

Create a new file from the Template and see if the fields you added are there. If they are then chock it up to user error (could they have created a local copy of the old template?) If not, it could be that the version with your changes did not get saved in a location that others are using the template from.

Many possible causes. I recommend that you try one more more. If you still see the problem then we can spend more time trying to troubleshoot.

• Like 1

@Pat Stanford, thanks for giving it a thought. I had a similar situation before with a custom field in the TB. I was sure I had created it, but when I imported the TB definition/ style to a new file it was not there. Perhaps I chose the incorrect overwriting option when importing. How trace now.

Anyway, I did it again and the required fields seem to be in the template now.

• Like 2