Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Link text to record inside a Marionette Object

Hi Community!

I have created a simple Marionette Object to work as a 2D Symbol that can change depending on the thickness of the wall. Once created, i'd like to link the texts inside the Marionette Object to some records, as one would do inside a normal 2D Symbol.

But the message I get is: "Illegal object(s) selected."

I tried the node "Set record field", but i can't get it to work the way i want to.

Is there a way I can have this Records also as a two Parameters inside the Marionette Object, to be editable from the Object Info Palette??

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-17 um 16.53.12.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-17 um 16.52.58.png

Marionette Object with records.vwx

• 3 weeks later...

There is no automatic way to do what you want, but you can do it marionettily (I know that is not a word, but you know what I mean.)

You will have to create text objects in marionette on the drawing and also store that data into a record.field combination.

If you want to be able to have the user enter data in the OIP, you will have to read the data from the record.field combination and then use that data to do the calculations in the marionette object and then store back the results (if you have changed anything) at the end of the marionette network.

Take a look that these nested threads for more information. Ask again if you still need more help.