Landscape area vs Site model

KristjanT

Have a problem with Landscape area not exporting to the correct location in IFC. 

Created a Landscape area (shown red in picture below) with 3D properties. The Area is shown on Site model as a 3d polyline with fill and it has a thickness of 1cm. Site model is situated on the User Origin 0;0;0. Landscape Area and Site model have default IFC properties.
When exported into an IFC file the Site model stays at the 0 point but the Landscape area shifts to a weird location (close to the internal origin). 
If I center the drawing to the Internal origin then the two objects are still off but not that much, still about 50-100m.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

In model.jpg

ifc.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@KristjanT--very strange... By any chance did you move the site model after creating it? If so, the source data would retain original location and might be the culprit when exporting to IFC (this is just a guess). You could try recreating the site model in the correct place, not move it, and export it again. Happy to look at the file if problem persists 🙂

@Tony Kostreski Thank you for the input. Tried to recreate the site model and the landscape area in a new file but the outcome was the same. In desperation I tried to export the Vectorworks 2021 file into VW 2020 and it works. Seems like the problem is the 2021 itself, guess I found a bug? As a workaround (for now) we will finish the project with 2021 and the final IFC export will be done in 2020. 
If you are still interested I included the 2021 file in this post. If you open the file only Site model and the LC area are visible and ready for ifc export.  

KKM_PP_MA_TEST FILE.vwx