structural shapes

jnr

Is anyone else still having trouble with structural shape menus that don't open. PC, 600mhz, current video card driver, V 8.5.2, Architect 1.01? It looks like the problem eventhough promised, has not been fixed. And yes I have increased the size of the desktop as previously recommended.

Please contact Technical Services at 410-290-5114 so that we may investigate the matter further. We are unable to duplicate this problem and need more information.

------------------

Brian O

Nemetschek, North America

Technical Support

I have not been able to get all but the I- beam and Channel Structural tools to work. All of the other shapes and the tubing tools will not allow me to edit the size in either the pull-down menus or the object info palette. I am also using a pc with Windows 98 and have upgraded to VW 8.5.2 and VA 1.0.1.

I contacted tech support and submitted the problem to the bug list but they were not able to duplicate the problem and did not offer any solution that helped. Were you able to get the tools to work? If so how?

[This message has been edited by Marc Pitman (edited 06-20-2000).]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

To get the popups for sizes in the structural shapes to display, try setting the size of the menu text size smaller in the Display control panel (you may have to go quite small, say 6, 7, or 8 point, depending on the font used and your desktop resolution.)

Open the Display control panel, click the Appearance tab. In the Item popup, choose Menu. Set the size of the font (using the lower right size popup) to its smallest available size. You should be able to see the structural shapes choices.

Robert:

Thank you for looking into this problem. I applied your recommendation to reduce the font size of the menu. This allows angles, tees and wide flange menus to open properly. Unfortunately I now need to keep a magnifying glass next to my 21" monitor to read the sizes! The desktop is set at 1280x1024. It would appear there needs to be a better way to solve this problem.