hardware sets

first time I attempted to attach hardware set to a door object after having updated to VA 1.01, VW immediately crashed.

The preference set I had assigned to this document had originally been set-up using VA 1.0 which had been customized via the VA records editor to have additional fields and the hardware library had been added to based on that revised record format. Thinking this may have been the problem, I re-opened the crashed file (after CPU restart) and went back to the VA records editor - revised the record

fields slightly (not the field names or quantity, just the defaults) and saved the document. I then went to the hardware library editor and revised each set slightly (just

enough to hopefully force a regeneration) and saved the document again. Next I tried to assign a hardware set to one of my door objects - and again VW immediately crashed.

Any thoughts what's causing this and/or how to cure?

(BTW, I sent copy of this to bugsubmit along with copy of the pref set in question - do these end up in the same hands at DG (therefore unnecessary to send to both addresses ?)

quote:

Originally posted by Leslie:

(BTW, I sent copy of this to bugsubmit along with copy of the pref set in question - do these end up in the same hands at DG (therefore unnecessary to send to both addresses ?)

Yes, messages sent to bugsubmit@diehlgraphsoft.com will be read by someone here and entered into our bug tracking database. That's the best way to let us know about a bug, as messages posted to the VectorWorks mailing list or the tech support forums don't necessarily find their way into our bug database. However, sending a message to the bugsubmit address generally won't get you any feedback as to how to solve the problem, and so you may still want to post the message here or on the list, or contact tech support.

Caleb Strockbine

caleb@diehlgraphsoft.com

• 4 weeks later...